Monday, October 21, 2019

PDPW Day 11 Oktoberfest

 
 
One of the highlights of our trip would definitely be our trip to Oktoberfest.  Prior to arriving I had no idea what we were heading into.  Our tour guide told us that we had reservations at the tent.  Little did we know we would be squeezing into a tent that holds 10,000 people.  I was shocked to find out that inside the 17 large tents and 21 small tents they seat 120,000 at one given time.  WOW!!  Let the party begin!!   
 
 Our Tent!!
 
We enjoyed one of the biggest pretzels I have ever had, and drank my Radler.  I MAY have opened a can of worms for others at the table with this one.  LOL!!  YUM!
 
Our table!!  PROST!
 

Our resident entertainers Jim & Randy

 
 
Kudos to Scott for buying Lederhosen and hat while in Germany.  Looking very authentic!
When you travel with a group made up of Wisconsin football fans..this is what happens
 
We had 6 tables and had one heck of a time getting everyone sitting still long enough to take a picture.  I can't imagine when we were each drinking a liter of beer!  The music was infectious and a good time was hard to not have amidst so many joyous people!!
 
 





A few of the other tents.  They were like small cities to gaze and enjoy the happy atmosphere.



 
Beer, Beer & MORE Beer!!


 
Having a bit of fun on the fairway....
along with thousands of others!  The tents were filling up fast.  The event is free to the public, but reservations are required if you are going to sit in a tent.  There literally weren't any other places to sit otherwise! 
 

The app showed the  status of how full all the tents were.  It was a good thing we went on a slower day.  Ha ha!!!I would enjoy going again, but definitely dress the part.  There were so many amazing outfits and very few didn't come dressing accordingly.   At the end of the day we had to make the trek back to the bus.  This event is so big that buses park quite a distance away and walking is the way we got back. City streets are shut down to avoid traffic build up in the region.  They recommend taking the train to get near or taxi.  

No comments: